Online traders are preparing themselves for a sales drive on Christmas Day.
E-retail organisation IMRG forecast that approximately 4.8 million people will take to the net to buy goods on 25th December with sales figures of about £153 million.
MD of IMRG, David Smith, said that people will be trawling the internet looking for bargains and special offers. He also believes that the bad weather recently endured in the UK should help to increase online sales heading into January.
“With many people not being able to get out to the high street sales due to the wide-ranging impact of the snow, online could see a real boost over the next few weeks,” Mr Smith stated.
In the recent IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index, figures showed that UK shoppers spent £6.4 billion in November which is 21.5% up on the same period in 2009.
Blog Posts Calendar
- Is the Internet going to be the television replacement?
- Google to Launch Cloud-based Music Service
- Skype is in demand but not from members or users.
- You may have the content right, perfect images and a great customer journey on your site, but is it quick enough?
- 4.3.3 is available for download, now Apple can’t track you…(for as long!)